Points to check when buying a vintage engagement ring.
Getting a vintage engagement ring for your loved one is an excellent way to look stylish and fashionable. These classic rings will remain attractive even after many years and when you consider the deep history and heritage; you can never go wrong with the vintage collection. It is usually exciting to have one, but the biggest problem comes when purchasing a genuine item. However, to make things simple when searching for the best one, below are tips to consider.
- Ensure the vintage ring you are about to buy is real. With pricey items like jewels becoming popular and their demand increasing, there are crooked businessmen who will take advantage of this to make sub standard rings. This type of ring is not cheap; thus, you need to be extra careful when you are purchasing. Therefore, to check whether it is authentic, make sure it is appraised or you can tell the trader to produce the paperwork that proves the stone used is valid.
- Make sure the prongs and the settings that hold the stone are strong. Remember that the vintage collection of rings is old type; therefore, it ought to be taken care of well. The prongs supporting it should be strong to prevent the stone from disappearing.
- Ensure the jeweler (person selling) examines the stone carefully. This is normally done under high magnification by the expert. This is usually performed to inspect if there are breaks, cracks or weak sections on the ring and diamond used.
- Know that the vintage is different from the modern types. You should not compare the gem with current types since technology has advanced nowadays. For instance, the kind of cut that the classic collection will have is not exact like the once made these days. However, the value of the classic is still higher because of the rich heritage it carries with it. If there are flaws, the cost will be much lower, but when you think about the value and age, this will neutralize the actual value of the main ring.
- Once you purchase the vintage engagement ring, make sure you contact an expert to help you clean it. A lot of dirt and dust can be hiding on it due to the many years that it has been accumulating. When you contact an expert, the cleaning process will be done flawlessly and in a professional manner.
The main thing you must do is ensure you get the right store to buy from so that you get value. Ensure the style and your partner’s personality and taste are taken into account before you can purchase the vintage engagement ring. Additionally, you ought to do research and compare the different designs that are available and choose one that will make her happy.