Different type of channel set engagement rings to choose from.
As the world of jewelry is taking a different direction in the designs that are coming up, the traditional styles such as solitaire are loosing this popularity. Nowadays, women are going for the trendier versions that don’t have hindrances and prefer the channel set engagement rings instead.
Channel setting- This is where the gemstone that is being used (in this case diamond or any other stone) is usually organized in linear pattern and placed on a band that surrounds the ring. A tiny ridge on every side is set so that it can hold the stone in its position without having a prong to support it. These types of rings are more popular since the diamond is safeguarded from any kind of damage or chipping. This channel will not hook on clothes or be misplaced the same way a larger diamond would.
Channel setting can be designed in various ways depending on what you like. You can either go for the ones that will appear like the wedding bands or a different style that will be unique and original. The engagement channel setting you can choose can be based along the following examples:
- Lengths- The channel can be designed with two or more accenting stones on every side of the diamond or gemstone.
- In-line accents- All the gemstones or diamonds will be set in a straight line aligned to the center stone.
- Parallel or bypass emphasizes- This type is designed to run along the channels sides from the center stone and they appear like a wave pattern.
- Encircling- Here the channels setting is placed in circular motion around the center stone.
- Embellished- These are normally custom-made, and you select the kind of sculpture that will be installed. It normally runs parallel or ninety degrees making a huge surface on the ring.
- Sporadic shaped- With this style, the shapes are usually alternated on the band. For instance, the craftsman can opt to interchange with an emerald shaped gemstone combined with round cut diamond; this will give the ring a unique style.
Because the stone is going to be placed on a band, it will appear like yellowish shade when it has the golden yellow color. Hence, majority of the settings are either platinum or white gold.
Purchasing channel set engagement ring should be done carefully to get the right one. When you use the internet to search and find the best store, you should visit it and check out the following points.
Inspect the metal part that is used to lock the stone in its place. It should be perfect and wide to hold the diamond or other gemstones without affecting the beauty of the ring. The stones should not be lose but placed closely together without putting pressure on the next stone. Follow the guidelines carefully and buy a nice channel set engagement ring for your loved one.